WOMEN AND MONEY
WOMEN AND MONEY
Jan 05, 2015 | 14:43 PM IST
Jan 05, 2015 | 14:43 PM IST
Why do so many women delegate their financial security to a spouse or significant other and allow divorce or death to plunge them into poverty? Why do so many women spend more than they earn and become mired in debt? Why should always boys manage all the money?
Nobody wants to live a life where they have to spend their time, which is limited, in exchange for somebody elses money which is available in abundance. People spend their time on earning money which they dont value, take loans which they cant repay, to buy goods which they dont require, to impress people who dont matter. Its the birthright of each individual to achieve financial freedom. And its more so for a women who even today in a liberalized Indian society might be educated and working but is primarily expected to take care of the family and house. When we ask a housewife that what are you doing with your money the typical answer is that I dont know my husband or father is looking at it. Even a working women earns money but is seldom part of the financial decision. A woman, whether working or not, is always made to depend on the male for her financial needs. A woman takes care of her work as well her house, a woman attends to her husband, children as well as the adults, a woman keeps the house as well as the image clean, a woman perfectly blends and unites the family with her love, dedication and sacrifice. But then why the same woman is denied financial freedom? Is it not her right to live a financially free life wherein she can also explore her dreams, listen to the calling of her soul and fulfil her higher self-actualization goals?
Kindly find below the 10 Money secrets for women to achieve financial freedom:
- Dont marry a man because of money; neither do divorce a man because of lack of money. Marry the man whom you love and believe will be able to shoulder the responsibility of family and give you love, respect and dignity. Dont let money buy your love because ultimately it will be you who will lose.
- Never commit adultery because of money. If your husband is poor but honest dont just break his trust by entering into relationship with a rich guy. A man who lures a woman by showing his money is not worth your trust or love.
- You surely take care of your house and family but along with it also try to earn some money. It need not necessarily be a full time job or employment, it can be something which you can do from home or with minimum time. Develop your hobbies and turn them into profitable ventures. Start small, make a beginning - earning some money will not give you financial independence but will give a great boost to your confidence.
- Control your indulgent mind when you see the next sale or discount offer on your favourite clothes, garments, jewelry etc. Remember that a 40% sale still means than you have to pay the remaining 60% and if you keep buying the things which you dont require than very soon you will have to sell the things which you require.
- Learn to budget and save for yourself. Develop a separate saving kitty for your ownself.
- Get off the money high and reduce the power of the money drug. Don't use money to make yourself feel good. That type of high is fleeting. Instead, do things that promote self-respect and creativity so you don't have to seek those feelings through just mindless spending.
- Get some financial education. Learn little about protecting, budgeting, levering and investing. Believe me, in most cases it is simple than learning to cook and more exciting than going on senseless shopping.
- Get involved in the long term financial decisions of your family. Be a part of it and give your valuable contribution it will improve your familys finances as well as boost your personal morale.
- Never force your husband into a job or profession because you think that he will earn more money in that and give you a safe secured life. Let him explore his ownself and settle in the work which he loves the best that will assure your family achieves financial freedom over the long term and your relationship and love grows as time passes.
- Always ensure that your husband has a proper insurance policy as well as a succession plan. After loving him full life, you would not want to curse your husband after his death because of money.
Your financial freedom is dependent on your attitudes and beliefs about money and your willingness to take your financial future into your own hands. Being financially secured and independent will help you love yourself and your loved ones more while enabling you to achieve your true higher purpose in world and answer the calling of your soul.
About the author:
Mehrab Irani is the General Manager Investments with Tata Investment Corporation Limited. He is the author of 10 Commandments for Financial Freedom and Mad Money Journey
Niveza Editorial Desk :
We are a team of stock market nerds trying to stay ahead of the herd. We spend our grey cells everyday to a pave a smooth road for our clients in the shaky world of stock market. While tracking the mood swings of the market we bring our clients the most rewarding deals.
LEAVE A COMMENT
LEAVE A COMMENT
What Is A Multibagger Stock? If you are a stock investor, you don't need any introduction to the word--multibagger. A multi-bagger stock is the one whose value has risen multiple times and it has given manifold growth on the capital invested.
Our Analysis This week market started inched higher as Sensex hit all-time high & Nifty well above the 11,000 mark led by heavyweights like Reliance TCS, HDFC twin. The earnings season
Various popular stock market news portals and TV channels discuss trending stocks and provide free share market tips based on technical charts and often without in-depth research. Our research desk analyses these trending stock market tips and pro
What Rakesh Jhunjhunwala is to India, Warren Buffett is to the world. From his investment style to his holdings, everything is a subject to a severe scrutiny of the entire investor community. The reason he's followed and even revered by the in
The key to success lies is in details. This phrase is the bedrock of fundamental analysis. Fundamental analysis is all about going into great details of the prospect and finding out the real value of the business. The process of fundamental an