Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Failed To Spot This Investment Opportunity? Big Mistake Turns Costly

Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Tips & Portfolio

Ace traders might not usually judge a company's worth effectively all of the time or possibly there have been different extraneous reasons that distracted or turned them off. This stands real for India's legendary investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala too! The market guru can also well have missed an opportunity while it was offered on a plate to him, and now he's inside the race to gain it returned.

It seems like Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, who's a few of the front runners within the race to buy Indias biggest standalone health insurer star health & Allied insurance company, was as soon as offered the company at one-third of the price the big Bull is looking at paying now along with other private equity buyers. A report in economic times said, quoting an unnamed source, that Jhunjhunwala was presented star insurance at less than Rs 2000 crore some years in the past.

earlier in June ET had reported that Rakesh Jhunjhunwala along with WestBridge Capital and Madison is likely to buy 93.99 per cent in star health insurance at a whopping valuation of Rs 6,500 crore!

The agreement will be signed in the next few days, reported ET, quoting a source. They will buy out 93.99 per cent, valuing the company at Rs 6,500 crore. The remaining 6.01 per cent will be with two individual shareholders of ETA Trading, the source added.

WestBridge will likely own 51 per cent, Jhunjhunwala 33 per cent and Madison 16 per cent.

ICICI Lombard has reportedly pulled out of the race to buy star health because of differences over valuation.

In a latest interview with CNBC TV18, Jhunjhunwala stated that he's awaiting a closure at the insurance deal by the give up of this month or first week of July.

On asking if he is looking at more such offers in insurance space, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala standard that there are matters on the horizon however much smaller.

"I dont have that kind of money to put in so many other companies and I am looking at a lot of opportunities but they are much smaller," he said.

 

ABOUT AUTHOR

Niveza Editorial Desk : We are a team of stock market nerds trying to stay ahead of the herd. We spend our grey cells everyday to a pave a smooth road for our clients in the shaky world of stock market. While tracking the mood swings of the market we bring our clients the most rewarding deals.

LEAVE A COMMENT

RECOMMENDED READING

Multibagger Penny Stocks: Risky Or Rewarding

The usual trap where every newbie investor gets trapped is multibagger penny stocks. These stocks trade at the most discounted prices. That's why investors initially fell in love with these stocks as prima facie these stocks seemed to be the hi
Read More>>

Free Share Market Tips Today: Stop & Read Before You Invest In Stocks

Various popular stock market news portals and TV channels discuss trending stocks and provide free share market tips based on technical charts and often without in-depth research. Our research desk analyses these trending stock market tips and pro
Read More>>

Share Market News: Today’s Nifty & Sensex Updates

Share Market News 21st-February-2019
Read More>>

Volatility Ahead, Stick To The Fundamentally Strong Stocks

Our Analysis This week even after the RBI's rate cut announcement the market changed its outlook from bullish to the corrective phase. The market corrected for the fifth consecutive day
Read More>>

What is Multibagger Stocks?

What is a multibagger stock? A stock which can give you manyfold returns. Yes, that's true. Multibagger stocks are defined in a similar manner. The legendary investor Peter Lynch has termed Multibagger stocks in his book One Up On Wall
Read More>>